Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Xchange: Marmozets

For this Xchange I'm heading back to my London roots, with a band I've seen many times at The Underworld in Camden.

Marmozets are a British bred band, fronted by Becca Macintyre. They are fast paced and exciting, with intense vocals and ear splitting screams.

My most recent Marmozets experience was in May, where they supported Senses Fail. The gig was one that I'll never forget, as the band couldn't be contained and broke free from the stage, with even the drummer and entire drum kit being lifted into the pit. 

The eager crowd were given a taste of the new single, "Move Shake Hide", which has been announced for release on November 18th via Roadrunner Records. 

Marmozets have now released the video for "Move Shake Hide" which is an exciting depiction of their style. You feel drawn into the performance, which captures Becca's unique stage presence and a sense of fun complete with UV face paint.

While the music is serious this is a band that won't take the fatal fall into taking themselves too seriously. 

I guarantee you'll be screaming along with the captivating cries of "I'm alive" and spend the rest of the day singing - "Move shake, move shake and hide!"

No comments:

Post a Comment