Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Xchange: Northlane

Fancied giving these guys a little spotlight seeing as they are a new favourite band of mine and so happy they were announced supporting Architects with Stray From The Path!

I feel I have a growing obsession for Australian bands and Northlane are definitely one of the highlighted groups in that tasty list. I have always awed over their technicality and originality of rhythms and instrumentation as well as the dynamics of the vocals. The low growls to the high screams are just a perfect combination within this style of music.

Their song Dispossession stuck out to me because of the intro. The clean guitar riff before the drop is just so chunky. I can never help but scream along to 'Exposing my weakness the world will see, the world will see, what I ever, what I ever, what I ever f**king wanted' gets me going every time, very punchy and memorable. They give me everything I look for in a heavy band and being a songwriter myself I can appreciate all this as well as the lyrical content.

Three album releases so far, being 'Discoveries', 'Hollow Existence' and 'Singularity', their latest album. I have these on shuffle most days because each album is so brilliantly crafted, craving to see them perform live, s'gunna be brutal!









No comments:

Post a Comment